Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Draycote visit on Tuesday 30th. December 2008





As it seems the best local patch at this time of year I went to Draycote Water again on Tuesday morning.As I walked along the Farborough Bank the temperature was zero but as there was some sunshine and there was no wind it was quite pleasant for a change.

The juvenile Shag was on one of the buoys,a lone Great Northern Diver was near the pontoons,the Smew was just off the spit but yet again it was too far out for a decent shot.The Red-necked Grebe  was pretty close to the shore for a change and it was easy to get some decent shots.

After a coffee I went to the Draycote bank hoping the Red-throated Diver was still about.As I walked past Rainbow Corner I bumped into Bob Hazell who had it in his scope which was lucky but it was along way off.My decision to go to the valve tower to get a closer view and hopefully a shot ended in failure as myself and a few other birders could not locate it again.Never mind I was very pleased to get a life tick and I can always go back again for a pic.

No comments: