Thursday, 11 December 2008

Visit to Coombe Abbey Country Park on Wednesday 10th. December 2008.






Went to the country park at Coombe Abbey to try and get some shots of the Marsh Tits that visit the feeders near the hide.As I'd never seen one before this would be a life tick if one showed up.

Finally found the hide after a long walk along the lakeside and when I entered no one else was there so I had it all to myself.There was one feeder table that was covered with seed and was atracting loads of Bluetits,Great Tits,Chaffinches and Coal Tits that were battling with some Squirrels for food.

Also a couple of Nuthatches paid regular visits to the table and a Song Thrush and several Blackbirds were feeding on the ground.A Muntjack deer also paid a visit and came close to the hide.

After half an hour a couple of Marsh Tits paid brief visits to the feeder before flying off into the bushes so I only got a few feeder shots.They were around for about an hour so I was pleased to get some shots and of course a life tick.

No comments: