Wednesday, 25 March 2009

A few local birding trips.






I haven't been out birding much in the last few days as the weather hasn't been too good.I do not like going birding when it's windy as I seem to see very little but I managed a few trips and got a few pics but nothing of note.

Last friday I went to Draycote Water but it was chilly and pretty windy.Did see the RN Grebe with it's changing plumage but it was in a bad mood and stayed too far off for a decent shot. A Rock Pipit also was far too elusive for me to get a shot so I soon gave up and went to Marsh Lane where it was warmer and a little calmer.

Marsh Lane is improving and there were numerous Common Snipe,2 Ringed Plovers,6 Redshanks,4 Sand Martins,4 Tree Sparrows,4 Common Buzzards,2 Kestrels,2 Lesser Redpolls and a lone Water Rail.Didn't see any Jack Snipe this time.

Went to Brandon Marsh on Monday mainly to get a first pic. of the year of a Cettis Warbler.Saw three but was unable to get a shot far too fast for me.Did see some Redshanks,several Common Snipe,a Kingfisher,2 Lesser Redpolls and a lone Siskin.Spent an hour in the woods looking for the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker but failed however did see a few Nuthatches and some Treecreepers.

No comments: