Monday, 2 March 2009

Off to Brandon Marsh to take on the Bittern.




As rain was forecast tomorrow I decided to have another go at the Bittern at Brandon Marsh  so I raced over there this morning.Joined two friends in the East Marsh hide at 10.30AM and was told that it had not been seen yet that morning.

After staring down the left hand channel for 2 hours I was thinking of leaving the hide as I was sure that all the staring was sending me insane the darned thing rose up from the reeds to the right of the hide when we had been looking in the reeds to the left of the hide and flew across the front of the hide into the reeds at the left of the hide.Lots of cursing ensued as no one got a shot off.

Another hour passed and just as I was about to give up it came out of the reeds and plodded down the left hand channel before entering the reeds again.We only got a rear view but I'm not complaining as got my first non flight shots of a Bittern.

Click on pics for a larger version.

No comments: