Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Trip round a few local sites.







Inspired by yesterday's fine weather I left the thermals at home and headed off for a visit to some local sites .This of course was a big mistake as it turned out to a dull and cold day when I arrived at the first site  the mangrove swamp Whitacre Heath.

Headed to the feeder hide to find it empty.The usual suspects were showing well including several Siskins,a few Lesser Redpolls and a lone Willow Tit.A bit dull for decent pics but I managed a few.

I then went to the balancing lake at Coton to see if I could spot one of the Scaups.Fat chance as there were hundreds of Ducks showing most of them several miles away.I soon gave up.

Off then to Marsh Lane which was pretty good with 7 Redshanks,6 Oysrercatchers,3 Ringed Plovers,1 little Ringed Plover,2 Chiffchaffs,3 Common Buzzards ,20+ Common Snipe and 2 Jack Sipes showing.

The Jack Snipes have been showing well from the Oak hide with upto 5 been seen at once but not by me.The one I saw today was a miserable sod who kept moving around and bobbing up and down for 2 hours but always hidden by reeds.What a bummer!!! Look how poor my best shot was.  

No comments: