Sunday, 19 April 2009

Another Brandon Marsh Visit.




Early Saturday morning I went across to Brandon Marsh and this time I took no notice of the weatherman who said it would be warm and sunny and I took some warm clothing.Good job I did because it wasn't untill lunchtime that it got sunny and warmed up a bit.

Teamed up with a good friend and we decided to stick to the wooded areas and try for some Warbler shots.Allthough there were plenty of Blackcaps,Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers and some Whitethroats,Sedge and Reed Warblers about  we struggled to get decent shots mainly because it was a bit dull,quite breezy and the leaves had started to come out.All I managed were some decent shots of a Blackcap and loads of crappographs of the others.

A Common Buzzard showed well in the sunshine for a while before climbing high in the sky.

I spent the last couple of hours trying to get the first shot of the year of a Cetti's Warbler.There were several spots where they were singing but they were very flighty and very rarely stayed out in the open.Only got one pretty poor shot but it's a start.

Max.

No comments: