Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Draycote Water trip.







As it looks like the weather for the rest of the week maybe poor I decided to go to Draycote Water early on Monday morning.

Decided to go the the valve tower to get some more shots of the GN Divers before they leave.This is a long trek for me just on the edge of my range so I was well choked when I got there that the miserable so and so's were about 3 miles away in the middle of the pond.I'd been attacked all the way there by clouds of flies so I was not a happy bunny when I arrived back at the centre for a coffee having seen nothing.Also my legs had been complaining all the way back and were threatening to stop working!!!!!!

To try and cheer myself up I headed down the Farborough bank to see my good friend the RN Grebe.He never lets me down and so it proved again today because as soon as he recognised me he came over for a photo shoot.He's looking handsome now.

The legs started complaining again as I headed off to the hide to see if the GW Teal was still about.The hide was empty.Oh Dear had it gone?No because after 10 minutes it appeared to the right of the hide.

As I neared the centre again the Farborough bank was buzzing with birds including a male Wheatear,loads of Pied Wagtails,10+ Meadow Pipits and best of all 3 Yellow Wagtails.

Click on pics for a larger version.

No comments: