Thursday, 23 April 2009

Little Paxton Pits Trip.







Early on Wednesday morning went to Little Paxton Pits near St.Neots which is the top spot if you want to see Nightingales in the open singing their heads off.

After negotiating the M6 and the A14 successfully I did what I did last time I went to this spot and cocked up the last mile and ended up driving through St.Neots at rush hour.I always miss the turn to Little Paxton.

Anyhow I eventually got there and having parked up I went to a good spot for these chaps which is near the carpark only to find Dave Hutton there already.He told me the best spot to wait for them and he wasn't wrong for in the next couple of hours, although they were very mobile, I had some good views and of course was entertained by their fabulous song.Also in that area were plenty of Chiichaffs,Willow Warblers and some Lesser Whitethroats the latter being to flighty for me to get a shoy though.

Had a walk round the reserve at mid morning and found at least 4 more Nightingales.I was told later that there were 14 on the site at the moment so if you want some shots get over there now before they hide away in the bushes.

No comments: