Sunday, 19 April 2009

Marsh Lane Visit.






Early Sunday morning I went down to Marsh Lane.It was dull and very cold indeed.There was only one car in the car park so everyone else was being sensible.

The car park pool was very quiet so I headed off to the Oak hide.There was a guy at the right hand end of the hide and he had spread out all his gear on the benches so I went up the other end.Despite several attempts I failed to get him into conversation and then I saw very surprisingly he was painting.

I then had a scan round the pool and noted several Common Terns,3 Redshanks,2 Little Ringed Plovers,3 Ringed Plovers,2 Oystercatchers,3 Common Snipe,2 Common Buzzards,a Sparrowhawk and a Kestrel amongst the usual suspects.

After half an hour I got curious to see what he was painting so I crept up behind him and scanned the marsh only to spot a bird I had been looking out for for ages now and had so far failed completely to see it and here it was in the open.The Jack Snipe!!!!!!.My painter friend had not told me.What a miserable so and so I thought sod it and leaned past him and rattled off a few shots.

No comments: