Friday, 8 May 2009

After Garden Warbler Shots.





Garden Warblers have been a bogey bird for me.Well to get a decent shot of one anyway.They are allways hidden behind leaves for me.So I was not confident of getting a decent shot when I went over to Brandon Marsh on Thursday morning.

It turned out my luck had changed and it didn't take me long to find one singing out and for once this bird popped out into the open quite a bit so I was chuffed to get some shots at last although non of them really good.

Waited by a small tree that I've noticed a Cetti's pays visits to occasionally and it didn't let me down this time either.The only trouble is the tree is very dense with twigs and branches so you've got to be lucky for it to pop out in the open.Very frustrating.

The Common Whitethroats and the Sedge Warblers are my type of birds as they pose in the open and don't mind you getting fairly close.Took loads of shots but one of a Sedgie was interesting as I'd caught a flying insect in front of the bird just before it got gobbled up.

Click on pics for a larger version.

No comments: