Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Trip to Brandon Marsh.





Desperate to cheer myself up a bit after paying a bill for a car service and also being told the MOT was due soon and I needed two tyres I went over to Brandon Marsh arriving just before lunch.

Got some good shots at last of a Sedge Warbler and some of a Common Whitethroat both were happy to pose for some shots.Didn't do so well with the Cetti's this time who were far too quick for me and annoyingly I couldn't get a shot off of one that landed very near me in a tree.Also failed with getting shots of a Lesser Whitethroat (these chaps don't seem to come out into the open) and any of the Garden Warblers about which were singing out but allways behind leaves.Miserable so and so's.

Didn't see a Hobby this trip and also missed the Cuckoo but I think I got a distant glimpse of a Bittern flying low over the Newlands.

Click on pics for a larger version.

No comments: