Monday, 25 May 2009

Wyre Forest Trip on Saturday Morning.




Having got advice from some fellow birders how to get there I went across to the Wyre Forest with the main target a Wood Warbler which I had never seen let alone got a shot of.

Found the Dry Mill Lane small car park pretty easily,parked up and set off along the old rail track with not a clue where to go but luck was with me as I veered off to the left on a path just past the bridge and soon found a Wood Warbler (good job they have a distinctive call).Yipeeee!!!!! a life tick.Getting a shot was much harder because my little friend hopped around a lot and it was pretty gloomy in the wood. 

Thing went downhill after that because,although I found the right spots to go to,my search for a Pied Flycatcher and a Redstart failed badly.A couple of local birders I met had done no better.Never mind a life tick can't be bad.   

No comments: