Saturday, 24 October 2009

After Norfolk a local trip out.

After a decent trip to Norfolk last week I thought I'd better venture out locally soon before the camera rusted up with lack of use so on Friday morning,despite still feeling grotty after a flu jab,I went over to Draycote Water.

Surprisingly the weather was good with little wind and a bit of sunshine.That was the good news the bad was it was very quiet birdwise.A visit to Toft produced very little probably because there were at least 50 fishermen there some on the shore and loads in the water.The only shots I took were of the commoner birds.




I then decided to walk to Rainbow corner.I soon spotted a Kestrel on top of one of the yacht masts but struggled to get any decent shots as the light was all wrong.




There were loads of fishermen along the Hensborough bank so I was lucky to get some shots of a very handsome Grey Wagtail.I saw very little else except for some distant views of a party of 10 Common Buzzards.




2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

More good captures, Max. Sometimes the "common" birds are the best. When you took the Kestrel, did you overexpose? I usually get black images when I try!

Max Silverman said...

The light was very tricky.I did adjust the exposure setting and I never know at the time if I have overdone it.