Friday, 13 November 2009

A couple of local trips.

Went across to Draycote Water on Thursday morning because the weatherman told me it would be bright and calm until lunchtime.Well it was calm but not bright often pretty gloomy.Not so good for taking shots then.

Had a day of making errors.Abandoned my walk down the Farborough Bank and headed for Rainbow as the GN Diver had been seen there.It was not till I got to Rainbow,having seen nothing of interest at all,when Bob Hazell called to tell me a Green-winged Teal was showing well in front of the Toft hide.Well it might have been on Mars as far as I was concerned because to walk from Rainbow corner to Toft is a major expedition for me taking weeks of planning!!!!

Of course when I got there it had moved across Toft to the far bank.Lovelly!!!! Only shots I got were of the Goosanders on the Pectoral beach.




This morning,having heard of the bad weather coming later,I nipped over to Marsh Lane for a quick look.I didn't see anything special from the hides except a great number of Common Snipe but the Old Road was very lively with numerous Yellowhammers,Chaffinches,Siskin,Linnets etc. and the odd Redwing and a lone Tree Sparrow.No pics a bit dull.

No comments: