Tuesday, 3 November 2009

The Wimp is back.

Yes the Wimp is back and the Wimp is of course me.

Went to Draycote Water on Monday morning and I hadn't walked 100 metres down the Farborough bank when the biting cold wind sent me scurrying back to the Centre where I decided to head for Brandon Marsh where hopefully it would not be so windy.I'd forgotten how cold Ice Station Draycote could be.

Had a good walk round Brandon but it was very quiet and nothing interesting seen.Finally entered the Carlton hide at lunchtime and if Kath had not been there I am sure I would have left there pretty soon.In the end I stayed for a couple of hours with all the interest centred on the bushes to the left of the hide where some Redwings were feeding on the berries.Other birds seen included a Sparrowhawk that flashed by a couple of times,a couple of Kingfishers but only one briefly perched ,a Goldcrest and a Treecreeper.





The only other bird of interest that showed was a Chiffchaff which I tried to turn into a Siberian Chiffchaff but got little support in the hide.


3 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

What will you do when the cold weather arrives, Max? At the moment it is seasonally fresh!

Keith Yates said...

Max you should come to Brandon more often! Your pictures are stunning and a real pleasure to view.

Max Silverman said...

Kevin: I can stand the cold it's the wind I hate.I need to buy a heated suit!!!!

Keith: Thanks for the nice comments