Thursday 28 April 2011

A few recent shots.

When the weather is sunny a couple of Ravens often fly over Knowle and therefore over my garden.Took this a week ago.Hard to get a decent shot of a dark bird in a bright sky (excuses again).




Earlier this week discussions took place in the Oak hide at Marsh Lane whether this was a white Waggy or not.




Down the old lane at Marsh lane a few days ago there was a Song Thrush "Britain's Got Talent" contest because at least three of them were singing out for all their worth.





Got my first dragonfly shot of the year yesterday.I've no idea what it is but it looked great.






I'm still chasing the Lesser Whitethroat down at Marsh Lane to get a decent shot but it's now much harder as it seems to have stopped singing so locating it is a real pain.This is all I've managed this week.





Couldn't resist posting another Common Whitethroat shot as they are such cracking looking birds.




The Barnacle Goose turned up at Brandon Marsh the other day.I'm not sure that it's accepted as such though.Looks OK to me but what do I know.





2 comments:

boatbirder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boatbirder said...

Hey Max, if it's any help for your records I believe your Dragonfly is a Broad-bodied Chaser!


Regards

Keith