Thursday 24 October 2013

STRUGGLING TO FIND ANY BIRDS.


Since the excitement of getting very close to the Arctic Tern last Tuesday week at Shustoke I have failed to see any decent birds locally despite going out with the camera several times.

I've been to Brandon Marsh,Shustoke again and to Marsh Lane three times but have hardly used the camera.Last Saturday Brandon Marsh was very quiet not only on the birding front but also despite the decent weather it was very quiet on the birder front with non of the usual crowd about.Did see my first Goldeneye of the winter but he stayed a long way off but still nice to see.






Didn't see anything exciting on my visit to Shustoke reservoir.The Arctic Tern had gone and I missed the two Whooper Swans.

On each visit to Marsh Lane the ponds were alive with birds but I couldn't find anything exciting.I did find a Jack Snipe at the far end of the marsh by the Oak hide but annoyingly it was asleep and well hidden in the hour I waited for it to move so no pics.We did think we had something special when we spotted this chap flying round the car park pool but in the end we had to agree it was a hybrid of some kind and not a White  fronted Goose.





No comments: