Wednesday 25 January 2017

GREY WAGTAIL IN THE GARDEN.


Went to Marsh Lane again yesterday morning getting there at 9.30 AM.It was very cold with plenty of ice on the ponds and it was misty.

Didn't have much luck during a two hour stay.There were a trio of Goosanders on the RW pool but the ice kept them a long way off in the small area of open water. 




The only other shots I took were of a Yellowhammer from the river hide.






Just after lunch when I was on the laptop in the office ( a bedroom really) I noticed a Grey Wagtail was paying a visit to my neighbour's pond.Managed a few shots which I was pleased with because to get them I have to stand on a wobbly stool and poke the camera through a small top hung opening light.It did fly into my back garden but stayed all of 2 seconds. 











No comments: