Sunday 30 April 2017

A RARE OCCURRENCE I FOUND A GOOD BIRD.


Went down to Marsh Lane early this morning mainly to get some shots with a 1.4 extender attached to my 400 lens.Never do well with an extender attached but I thought I'd have another go.

After nearly 2 hours the results were as expected disappointing so I took it off and when I went into the CP hide for a final look I was not in a good mood.After 10 minutes my mood brightened considerably when a Black-tailed Godwit flew in and landed on the LH island.

I duly reported in and put it out on Twitter but when it flew across to the next island I realised it was a Bar-tailed Godwit. Oh Dear ! ! !  I then had to correct my ID with a couple of texts.










Here is the flight shot that made me realised I had dropped a ricket. Good mistake to make though. 




There was a male Goosander on the CP pool but the miserable so and so would not wake up.




A pair of Little Ringed Plovers were having fun in the morning sunshine. 




A couple of Yellowhammers showed under the CP feeders just before I left and for once they let me get a bit closer.









No comments: