Thursday 25 January 2018

A VERY GOOD MORNING AT THE LOCAL PATCH.


Sunny weather was forecast for the morning so off I went to Marsh Lane getting there not long after 9.00 AM.

Didn't do too well with the camera for the first hour but when I was walking back to the N Causeway hide and had just crossed the steam I met two friends.While we were chatting a dozen Chaffinches landed in a nearby tree and when I was checking them out I spotted at least 3 Bramblings among them.Chuffed to bits that I was at last able to get some decent shots. 














A Great White Egret had visited Marsh Lane twice recently but I had missed it so I was very pleased from the N Causeway hide when I spotted it way over on the western bank of the CP pool.




I raced over to the River hide hoping I could get a bit closer but when I got there straightaway something disturbed the bird. 




It was a Grey Heron.








It flew past the side of the hide and way off to a distant part of the RW pool so no decent shots but great to see.



No comments: