Saturday 14 March 2020

A TRIP TO BRUETON PARK.


The other day in the morning I drove the couple of miles to Brueton Park to do some birding and to test out the camera.

The reason I wanted to test the camera which I've had for a couple of years now and should know it by now was that Panasonic had issued some new Firmware for my Lumix G9 camera. Firmware updates the software in your camera and you have to go to their website download the firmware to your laptop then transfer it to a SD card then insert the SD card into the camera and download it. 

I'm am always amazed how new firmware can change your camera so much and this firmware included some major changes. The one I was interested in and wanted to check was the addition of a new auto focus mode that claimed to lock onto animals and birds.

As soon as I got there I turned on the new setting and had a go. It was very good.As soon as the camera focused on a bird it locked on and as long as you had the shutter button pressed half way down it tracked the bird.This was indicated in the viewfinder by a yellow rectangle around the bird. I was impressed. It worked well.

Didn't stay long as it was very cold.Found a Little Egret on a distant tree and a female Goosander at the top of the lake.Not great shots as the trouble with Brueton Park in the morning is that the sun is in your eyes when trying for shots on the lake.


















No comments: