Tuesday 14 April 2020

CAUGHT A CHIFFCHAFF MATING.



Birds are still visiting my feeders but in far less numbers now.These are still visiting.






Back at one of my very local patches this morning I managed some shots of the Linnets.








I was hoping to see the Common Buzzards again but was not having any luck. It was pretty cold there this morning so I was just about to leave when one flew in and landed on one of the electric pylons.










On the way back home I called in to another local patch where I had seen the Chiffchaff a few days ago.I was not confident as the last few trips had resulted in no sightings so I was caught unawares when it briefly called out. I found it in a distant tree but there seemed to be 2 birds flitting around. 




This bird started to flap it's wings but remained stationary. 






Suddenly the second bird zoomed in. 






After some frantic baby making the male flew off and left the female on her own.




Not great shots by any means but good to see. Immediately after all that action I spotted another rarity flying high overhead. I live on their migration route and it's hard to believe that not that long ago they were very common and now a rarity hardly ever seen.



No comments: