Saturday 5 September 2020

HOUSE MARTINS


The other day I saw a reply to a tweet where someone had commented on the reduced number of birds over the last few years locally and a well known midlands birder responded  "Outside reserves birding in the countryside has now become very difficult with very little about". So I've timed my move away from reserves to the local countryside rather badly.

The above certainly is true to my local patch in Temple Balsall which although very nice to stroll round you've got to be very lucky to find any birds. I've been a few times since my last post and I did get a Nuthatch on the feeders.








Yesterday I had not even used the camera once on my walk round when in the distance I spotted a lot of birds on a distant electricity pylon cabling. I got a bit closer and could see there were a 100+ House Martins with a few Swallows. Probably discussing routes back to Africa. Couldn't get any great shots as the sun was behind the birds but very nice to see so many.









 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Max

Brian lives in Vicarage Road Packwood and still has a good number of swallows and house martins. When we visited on Friday it was a treat to see them flying around. The field over the road has a flock of sheep in it. I wonder if the two are connected.
Brian also had 6 warblers in his garden earlier in the week mostly Chiffchaffs and 1 drank from his fountain by the pond.
Oh to see a swallow or House Martin around Bentley Heath these days. I did have up to 3 Swifts
a few times earlier in the summer, long gone by now.
I am still getting a mixture of birds on my feeders including a Nuthatch.

Regards

Jeff Preston

Max Silverman said...

Hi Jeff

My and my neighbour's gardens are very poor at the moment with very few birds visiting. My jaunts into the local countryside also have been pretty disappointing.Hope things improve soon.

Max

Unknown said...

Do you need a quick long or short term loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer business loan, personal loan, home loan, auto loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan e.t.c. no matter your credit score. We are guaranteed in giving out financial services to our numerous clients all over the world. With our flexible lending packages, loans can be processed and transferred to the borrower within the shortest time possible. We encourage you to contact us and learn more about the loans service we offered. If you have any questions or want more information about our company, please do not hesitate to contact us: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Full Name:
Amount Needed:
Duration:
Country
Cell No:
Sex:
Best Regards
Whats App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas