Thursday 27 September 2018

TWO EARLY VISITS TO THE LOCAL PATCH.


With the weather so good this week I went over to Marsh Lane both yesterday and this morning mainly to get more practice with the new camera and lens.

Haven't taken many smaller bird in trees etc shots but got this chap along the causeway and the shots turned out very well. 






Getting much better at flight shots but they are usually of aircraft or geese so far but getting there slowly. 








The Water Rail showed briefly in one of the N Causeway screen channels but it was so dull there the auto ISO shot up to 3200 and I ended up with crappographs.




With all the GWE shots I've posted recently I thought I'd better post one of the 3+ Little Egrets there this morning.




In the space of a few minutes from the Oak hide 3 decent birds were spotted but all were a long way off so no decent shots and in the case of the Greenshank no shots at all.The Stonechat was so far away I'm not sure I got the right bird.The Grey Wagtail was a little closer but not much.








Tried to resist taking anymore shots of the GWE (only one seen today) but it was close to a Grey Heron.



Never seen the 3 Hybrid Geese together before.They were on the CP pool.




The Garden Feeding Station Society made a surprise visit to my garden this morning.Someone must have tipped them off how badly my feeding station was doing.They downgraded my mine to Disaster.

No comments: