Thursday 30 April 2020

TOUGH GOING OUT THERE.



The visitors to the back garden feeders has dropped further especially when the weather is good but did have one good showing when a Bullfinch made a short visit one morning. Otherwise it was slim pickings.

There was one huge disappointment yesterday. It was late afternoon and I was reading Liddle Hart's " History of World War 2 " ( Thanks lockdown)in the conservatory when I glanced into the back garden to see a male Sparrowhawk perched on top of the bird table. My camera was a few feet away. Could I reach it and get a shot ? No it flew off as soon as I made a move. Not seen one in the garden for a couple of years now.










Another walk round the local churchyard was rewarded with some more shots of the Goldcrests but no other birds.










No comments: