Friday 28 August 2009

Upton Warren visit.








I've started to visit the Upton Warren reserve now I've discovered my Warwickshire Wildlife membership is valid in Worcestershire and,due to the M42 and the M5, I can get there quicker than I can get to Brandon Marsh.

Went to the Moors pools first and soon found 3 Black Terns but only ended up with taking crappographs due to the sun being in my eyes.Didn't see anything else of note until a quick look in the car park hide revealed a couple of Hobbies but by the time I got the camera ready they had decided to play who can fly the highest so no shots at all.

Went to the flashes next but the pools were quiet from the main hide due to roof repair works having been done earlier on but still saw 8 Green Sandpipers,2 Common Sandpipers,2 Ringed Plovers and 34 Curlews but all pretty distant.

On the way home I called in at the Arden falconry hoping to see the young Barn Owls in the office area but they had been put in their own cage in the main raptor area.So sad to see them caged.Took a few shots of the Bengal Eagle Owl when they took it out for a fly around.I've yet to see them take out the European Eagle Owl - mind you I might be frightened to get too close as it's a fearsome looking chap.

No comments: