Thursday 29 April 2010

Another Brandon Trip.

I went over to Brandon Marsh on Wednesday morning to see if the Black-tailed Godwits were still about.

Went straight to the Teal Pool hide where,although it was nice to meet up with two Warwickshire birding legends Bob Duckhouse and Kevin Grocock,I was told the Godwits had flown.Luckily a pair of Little Ringed Plovers flew in for a photo shoot to calm my mood.



As soon as I saw the Godwits land on the river pool I shot over to the hide where it was nice to meet up with Dave Hutton.The Godwits were a bit distant but it was nice to see all five.



Sorry but some more Cetti's shots but as I don't think I'll better these I promise not to post any more for a while.




A Grasshopper Warbler was reeling out on the Newlands not far from the bench.It remained a fair distance away and there were always twigs in the way so pics for record purposes only.The last shot is a cheat I took it in June 2008 at Marsh Lane but it shows what they look like.





Click on pics for a larger version.

4 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Looks we all got similar LRP and Godwit shots!! Super Cettis and Grasshopper W - Well done.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.You do need luck with the Cetti's

Kevin Groocock said...

Hi Max - just re-read your post and realised that the last "Gropper" was from Marsh Lane!I wondered why you did not put it on the Brandon site! Super shot, though. (It had made me feel very inadequate!)

bob duckhouse said...

Hi Max, Not so much of the legend if you dont mind.Some cracking shots of the Gropper.Good stuff