Saturday 8 May 2010

Common Whitethroats.

I've titled this post "Common Whitethroats" to try and cover up the fact that they were the only birds I got shots of when visiting Brandon Marsh on Friday morning.

It was dull,cold and breezy when I arrived and everything was hiding from me including my good friends the Cetti's Warblers probably as fed up as I was with the return of wintery conditions.

In a 2 hour stay I didn't meet another birder.They were either shrewd enough to know it would be a bad birding day and were staying in or they saw me coming and were hiding!!!!

The only bird I was able to get a shot of were Common Whitethroats.Mind you there was a Cuckoo calling out from the dead tree from the Carlton hide but where was I ? On the Newlands searching for the long gone Whinchats!!!!!






No comments: