Thursday 2 September 2010

A couple of local trips.

Another fine day on Wednesday so off I went with the camera.Decided not to go to Draycote Water as I'd been too often lately so I went to Brandon Marsh.

So how did I do? Well the weather was great,the reserve looked a treat and the company was good but the birds were very thin on the ground.Saw a KF briefly,a Green Sandpiper and a distant Buzzard and that was it.







The day got worse when I got home when I received a text "4 Curlew Sandpipers at Draycote Water.Bugger!!!!!

After I'd done my chores on Thursday morning I went to Draycote Water.Got there at 9.45AM to find the car park nearly empty.Not a good sign specially as Curlew Sandpipers don't hang around usually (2 hours at Marsh Lane on Sunday).

I got even more worried when I got to Hensborough bank as there was not a single person let alone a birder by the wall.They had obviously gone and I'd missed out again.As I walked along the bank I noticed Dave Hutton well camouflaged on the rocks and he said the magic words "3 Juvenile and 1 adult Curlew Sandpipers just a bit further on".

I soon found them with a few Dunlin and managed a few shots of these cracking birds.









The Sanderling was also still about.Great to see so many waders together in Warwickshire.




The waders were a little flighty and I was able to get some flight shots.











3 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Yet more super shots, Max. Unable to get out yet again. I think I may as well give up!

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.The Curlew Sandpipers might stay for a while.If you want to get more upset look at Dave Hutton's shots.

Kevin Groocock said...

I have!