Wednesday 24 November 2010

I love it when a plan comes together.

Yes I love it when a plan comes together.Mind you I think this is the first plan I've made that has come together.

The plan was made when I heard a few weeks ago that it might be a Waxwing year and I checked out the local area for any yellow berried Rowan trees that I know Waxwings love.I located a few trees in a fairly nearby cul de sac and have checked them out a few times recently with no luck at all.

This lunchtime still feeling sorry for myself because of the manflu I had to pop out to post a letter.When I'd done this I went on the short drive to the cul de sac in the plan and checked out the trees.They looked devoid of birds but , as I was about to drive off , something caught my eye at the top of one of the trees.Blimey it was a lone Waxwing.Yipppeeee!!!!!

Rattled off a few shots before it flew off.I must keep the location secret because some of the residents were not too pleased to have me in their neighbourhood so if a crowd turned up some not careful where they stand to get a shot there may be trouble.In any case it may not show up again.













2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Well done, Max. I am still searching for Waxwings - with the numbers coming down country I am surprised that we have not had more. I live in hope.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.More are being reported locally now so you'll soon get some.My local bird never turned up again.Well not yet.