Sunday 1 May 2011

An early morning visit to Marsh Lane.

On Friday morning I messed things up and missed seeing a couple of Bar-tailed Godwits and a Whimbrel showing at Marsh Lane.

The reason was a bit embarrassing.I'd done some early morning shopping and as soon as I got home I made a cup of coffee and switched on the telly.The royal wedding came up on the screen and I inexplicably got hooked on it and watched it for the next couple of hours instead of racing over to Marsh Lane.What a sissie!!!!

When I finally got there they had gone of course.It was made worse because a couple of Upton Warren birders I knew showed me their shots.Bugger!!!!

I went over there early this morning hoping something good was there but other than the usual waders the only birds of note I saw were a distant Dunlin and a Common Sandpiper so in order to entertain myself I tried to get some flight shots of a Sedgie from the Oak hide.Not an easy task.








Just as I was getting bored with trying to get shots of the Sedgie I noticed three Common Buzzards high in the sky seemingly mobbing a fourth.As the one being mobbed got a bit closer I went into panic mode because it was a very pale bird.Was it something good? An Osprey.A Rough-legged Buzzard? I managed a few shots but when I checked them out it was a pale variant Common Buzzard.Been tricked by one of these chaps before.Bugger again !!!!!








No comments: