Saturday 13 August 2011

Another trip to Draycote Water.

Having enjoyed seeing loads of waders earlier in the week at Draycote Water I thought on Friday morning I would have another go.

The weather on my previous visit was pretty grim with a howling wind blowing being worse down the Farborough bank but there were loads of decent birds to see.This visit the weather was great it was warm and calm but there were few birds to be seen.I think there is a lesson here.

Things started well as I walked down to the Spit when this wader was flying round high in the sky calling out all the time.Trouble was I couldn't ID it.




When I got to the Spit the only bird on view was a Greenshank which was nice to see.It didn't stay long as it was spooked by a fast moving cyclist.




Things went downhill after that as I struggled to find something to point the camera at despite having a bit of a walkround.Only successes I had were a juvenile Yellow Wagtail (well I think it is) on the sailing club roof and a distant view of a Kestrel.






1 comment:

Kevin Groocock said...

A good day then, Max. Looking at your unidentified wader juv Ruff comes to mind.