Monday 6 August 2012

Marsh Lane.

Early this morning in order to beat the rain forecast mid morning I shot over to Marsh Lane to see if the Pectoral Sandpiper was still there.The sightings book soon dashed that as the bird had flown off yesterday afternoon.

The railway pool was filled with several hundred Greylag Geese including the strange hybrid Barnacle Goose.






The north causeway screen reed bed was alive with Reed Warblers.















I soon found a pair of waders on the railway pool which took me a while to ID as they were asleep and a fair way off but as soon as they moved I could see they were Greenshanks.Too far off for a decent shot but nice to see.









They eventually took off and headed north but I managed some gloomy flight shots before they disappeared.


















No comments: