Wednesday 17 October 2012

Marsh Lane.

Thinking that the strong wind blowing on Tuesday morning had abated I went over to Marsh Lane for a quick visit.

I soon found out that the wind had not abated in fact was blowing a full gale as I struggled to get out of the car in the car park.I didn't stay long in the car park hide as the wind was blowing straight into the hide so I decided to head straight to the Oak hide where I found that well known photographer Kath Everitt taking shots of one of the Jack Snipes.

It was pretty close to the hide up against the left hand bank sheltering from the wind.









Quite soon it went on a walkabout heading finally to the top end of the marsh giving the best views I've ever had of a Jack Snipe.















After a fox passed so close to the hide you could have reached out and touched it a Kestrel battling against the wind showed well from the hide.
















No comments: