Sunday 8 June 2014

SPOTTED FLYCATCHERS.


I love Spotted Flycatchers.They are one of my favourite birds.Luckily I have been able to catch up with them locally for the last few years but this year at all the places I usually see them (mainly churchyards) I've drawn a blank.So when a friend asked me if I would mind going to a private location to take some shots for him I of course jumped at the chance.

I didn't have to travel too far so on Saturday afternoon after the storm had passed I entered the private estate via an impressive gate and soon found the nest box the birds were using on the side of the gate lodge.

From the car window almost straightaway I saw one fly up into a conifer tree. 




For the next 15 minutes my little friend posed for shots in the conifer.










Things went quiet for half an hour so I got out the car and tried to find a closer vantage point.Even though I'd got permission the lodge was occupied and I was reluctant to wander on someones property.I soon realised the bird was not happy where I was so after a few minutes I went back to the car but I did manage a few closer shots.Cracking birds ! ! 









No comments: