Wednesday 28 December 2016

BRAVED THE COLD THIS MORNING.


It was very cold this morning but the sun was shining so I grabbed the camera and headed over to Marsh Lane.Got there just before 10.00 AM with the temperature at a very cold -2 degrees C.

There was plenty of ice on the pools but still some open water. Didn't find the Cetti's Warbler this morning and after over an hour in the bitter cold the only shots I'd got were of a Robin, a Bullfinch and a Reed Bunting.An old friend was way off in the distance on the CP pool the Pochard with the beak saddle who had probably come to overwinter again.












On the walk back to the CP I found a flock of 20 + Yellowhammers along the causeway and round the car park which enabled me to get my first shots of the year.








I understand from Graham who had done a count that there were 591 Teal on site this morning which is a record for Marsh Lane.

No comments: