Thursday 19 July 2018

MARSH LANE AND BADDESLEY CLINTON.


On Wednesday morning for the third day on the trot I went over to Marsh Lane.Bit silly really at this time of year when birding is in the doldrums.

Only success I had was from the N Causeway hide where in the channels I had a Song Thrush and an adult and juvenile Water Rail. 










Keen to go somewhere other than Marsh Lane this morning I went to the NT property at Baddesley Clinton to see if any Spotted Flycatchers were showing any better than last time (very poorly) which was a week ago now.

As soon as I got to the spot by the stream inside the grounds I saw two of them hawking for flies.Stayed for an hour and had continuous views.Managed some decent shots despite the area being in dappled sunshine.
















Almost managed some flight shots but not quite.





No comments: