Friday 31 August 2018

A QUICK VISIT TO MARSH LANE.


A discussion at a chance meeting a few weeks ago with a friend and Canon camera enthusiast Mike Lane sowed a seed in my mind that grew and grew.Mike had sold all his high end Canon kit and had gone mirrorless.If Mike had done this it must be the way to go.

So I have just sold all my Canon kit : A 4 year old 7Dii camera and a very old Canon 400 prime lens for decent money and have ordered a Panasonic DC 9G camera and a Leica 100- 400 zoom lens.The new kit is smaller and lighter and has a better reach.Only time will tell if it's been the right move.

So this morning when I went to Marsh Lane all I was armed with was an old bridge camera and of course for the first time in a while there were some decent birds about.Three Yellow Wagtails, a Tree Pipit, a Wheatear and a Greenshank.

Not only was the bridge camera a bit down market but I'd forgotten how to use it.I did manage some shots of the Greenshank.











No comments: