Wednesday 8 August 2018

TWO LOCAL OUTINGS.


Went to Marsh Lane early Tuesday morning It was warm and sunny.

My prediction that I would not see anything interesting considering the time of year was coming true for the first hour and I had not needed the camera once.Things changed when I received a call from Brian Harris who had found a Turnstone on the RW pool.

It was a cracking looking bird but that's were the good news ended and the bad news started.It remained distant all through my patient stay and the reeds in front of the Oak hide were making it difficult to get even some crappographs.

These are my least bad shots.There is one though of it turning a stone. 










This morning wanting a change of scenery I headed over to Baddesley Clinton. I knew the Spotted Flycatchers would have long gone but I thought I might get some shots of what else was about.

Over the house moat there was a flock of House Martins but my god they were too fast for me.






Again near the moat a very noisy family of Nuthatches turned up in the trees there.Managed a few shots.








  • I then had a deja vu moment.Just like a few days ago whilst at Baddesley Clinton I received a text from John Hunt telling me that there was a Black-tailed Godwit at Marsh Lane but when I raced over there it had flown.This time the text from John said 4 Black-tailed Godwits were present and guess what when I raced over there they had flown.I was not a happy bunny.




No comments: