Wednesday 5 September 2018

OUT WITH THE NEW CAMERA.



The new camera (Panasonic DC-G9) and the new lens (Leica 100-400) arrived yesterday and the old Canon DSLR camera and lens were sold on earlier in the week.

Spent all day yesterday going through the manual which at 300+ pages is longer than the last 2 novels I've read.Quite honestly most of it went over my head.It's going to be a long learning curve.

My first efforts in the CP hide were a disaster.Both stored settings I'd set up for birding shots were not working nothing happened when I pressed the shoot button.I later found out it was working properly I'd set it unknowingly on silent mode.

Among the masses of crappographs I took from the oak hide of a Whinchat I did manage some good ones so if used correctly good shots are possible.Mind you I failed badly trying to get shots of an Osprey that flew over the RW pool as I was still under the impression that the stored bird settings weren't working.Damn ! ! !









No comments: