Saturday 27 October 2018

MARSH LANE SHOTS


Would not have gone over to Marsh Lane on Friday morning but I had been asked to get some shots of the RW pool islands before the excavators move in on Monday.It was bright when I got there but a chilly wind was blowing.I soon had the place to myself. 

Here is just one of the shots of the RW pool taken that morning.




Thought I'd post a few shots of the area of the RW pool in front of the River hide that has been so good lately with the lower water levels.There has been a Kingfisher, 8 Little Egrets, 5 Green Sandpipers, 2 Water Rails and the Great White Egret as well as the usual suspects on show there all pretty close.








There were 8 Little Egrets there again that morning my record for the site and 5 Green Sandpipers.






Just as I was about to leave this character turned up from rail bridge area on the other side of the river.The Egrets and the Sandpipers and everything else flew off from the RW pool.A few minutes later as our friend wandered along the river and came into view from the CP pool the many hundreds of birds there took off and left the reserve.I bet there were only a handful of birds left on the site.What a tosser ! ! !



No comments: