Wednesday 1 May 2019

OUT IN THE SUNSHINE.


The sunshine was back Tuesday morning so after a visit to Sainsbury's for some shopping I grabbed the camera and went looking for some birds.

Thought I'd past one of the pair of Robins that are nesting in my back garden in some ivy just below a statue.First bird to nest in my garden for a long time. 




Back to Tuesday morning I went the couple of miles to Brueton Park (Also known as Crufts Park due to the number of dogs there). Went straight to the reserve at the back of the cafe.It was a lovely morning so I must have done well then ? No I'm afraid the place was dead and the only shot I took was of a Yellow-bellied Slider.




Feeling pretty grumpy I soon left but luckily took the path back to the CP alongside the lake because I was very surprised to see a cracking male Goosander cruising about.Always struggle to get a decent shot of these chaps it's the contrast between the dark head and white body.Here are some samples of how I cock things up. 








I was surprised to find it sunny again the morning so I went over to NT Baddesley Clinton.Things started well I heard a Cuckoo calling while in the car park and got my first of the year but no keeper shots of a Blackcap. After that things went right downhill and I never saw anything. 







No comments: