Wednesday 26 August 2020

STILL HARD OUT THERE AND A GOOD ENDING STORY


Keen to do a post to try and sort out the overlapping photos problem caused by blogger upgrading their product (upgrading often ends up with things getting worse). Many thanks to Kevin Groocock for telling me how to solve the problem but have found it hard out there to get any decent shots.

Did see a Black Tailed Godwit on the Marsh Lane flood plane but it was miles away .




Things have been quiet at my Temple Balsall local patch but the battle I've had with the Common Buzzard family trying to get shots but failing badly finally ended up with some success earlier in the week.













 
Now the story that started with a tragedy but a very good ending.Not bird related. 

A week ago last Monday I was in idiot mode because I spilled a glass of water over my laptop and after drying it out everything worked  OK except several keys on the keyboard didn't work. Went to see my computer man who told me " This model has the keyboard integrated in the upper case assembly and Levovo no longer have them in stock". In other words a new laptop had to be bought. Bugger !!!! The equivalent model would cost me £600+ An expensive spill then.

I must have still been in idiot mode because it took me two more days to think to check out my contents insurance and it looked like I may be in with a chance. Rang the broker who passed me onto Aviva the insurers. After telling him what had happened and the model number of my laptop he said " The equivalent model today would cost £750 less the excess of £100 gives a total of £650 " I was dumbfounded of what I was hearing and blurted out that my old laptop only cost me £619 but he said that didn't matter. I of course accepted and the money was transferred to my account there and then.

I now have a new laptop that cost just a few quid more than I got from the insurers.Thank you Aviva.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you need a quick long or short term loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer business loan, personal loan, home loan, auto loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan e.t.c. no matter your credit score. We are guaranteed in giving out financial services to our numerous clients all over the world. With our flexible lending packages, loans can be processed and transferred to the borrower within the shortest time possible. We encourage you to contact us and learn more about the loans service we offered. If you have any questions or want more information about our company, please do not hesitate to contact us: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Full Name:
Amount Needed:
Duration:
Country
Cell No:
Sex:
Best Regards
Whats App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas