Sunday 21 June 2009

Norfolk Trip - Day 1






Early Thursday morning I went to Norfolk for a couple of days to see if I could get some decent shots of anything that was about.

Had a good trip and was walking around Titchwell before 9.00AM.That's where the good news ended because,even allowing for the time of year, the reserve was very quiet and it was very breezy.The only birds of note I spotted after spending all morning there were approx. 100 Black-tailed Godwits and a lone Little Gull on the fresh marsh, 10 Turnstones and a Little Tern on the brackish marsh.There was nothing on the beech.

Gave up at lunchtime and went to Thornam harbour and took the walk to the Holme dunes.This can be a rewarding walk specially at the dunes end but the wind was now very strong and the only birds battling the conditions were some Skylarks.

In the evening ,after some nice fish and chips in Hunstanton,I took a tour of my favourite Barn Owl spots but never saw a single bird.Oh Dear !!!!!!! Not a good begining to the trip birdwise but I did get a lot of excercise.

Hardly took any pics so only a few attached.Click on them to enlarge.

No comments: