Monday 22 June 2009

Norfolk Trip - Day 3









Early Saturday morning I left the hotel and went to spend the morning at Titchwell hoping for a better day than on Thursday.

Things did not go well as I'd got all the way to the broadwalk near the beach and I'd not seen anything of interest but my luck changed because some Skylarks were on the field just to the left of the broadwalk showing very well.One even decided to have a dust bath right on the path.Never seen one on the ground before and what a cracking looking bird.A flock of several hundred Knot were on the beach some in Summer plumage.

On the walk back my good luck continued with a distant view of a Bittern flying on the west marsh.Bar and Black -tailed Godwits,a lone Little Gull,a female Red-crested Pochard with 5 chicks all on the fresh water pools.Best of all for me was a Summer plumage Spotted Redshank as I'd never seen one before in Summer plumage and what a cracking looking bird.

A few pics taken shown above.Click to enlarge.

No comments: