Tuesday 22 September 2009

Another trip to Draycote Water.

Having had a poor morning's birding on Saturday at Brandon Marsh followed by another on Sunday morning at Marsh Lane I was badly in need of a birding boost so I went again to Draycote Water on Monday morning.

I soon found that the Pectoral Sandpiper with it's two mates the Dunlin were at Toft so I cheered up considerably especially as they came right to the end of the beach and onto the rocks for some preening.I had the birds to myself after Bob and Francoise left to do a circuit of the pond except for two other birders at the far end of the beach and they were so still for so long that I thought one of them was dead.




I'd like to say that I then raced over to Rainbow Corner for the B/T Godwit but all I can do is a slowish amble these days.It was still there and it also was very obliging as it came to the end of the beach just below the rocks.Also saw some Ringed Plovers but not the Ruff.


No comments: