Wednesday 23 September 2009

A bit of luck at Draycote Water.

On Wednesday morning I went to Draycote again as this was the only local reserve that was on form at the moment.

The bit of luck occurred mid morning when I had spent an age trying to get some shots of the Yellow Wagtails that were on the Farborough Bank and failing hopelessly.I looked round for Jeff Rankin,who had been trying for the Wagtails with me but had soon given up,and saw him with another birder near the lifebelt further along the Farborough Bank.They had spotted something in the water!!!!!!!!

Like a fool I ambled up to them not expecting much so when I finally got my lens on it and saw it was a Manx Shearwater it took flight.It flew down towards the Centre and then banked and flew over the Sewage Works.Managed a few flight shots.



1 comment:

Kevin Groocock said...

Well done, Max. Super capture of this sought after "inland" seabird!
Better pics than we managed a couple of weeks ago.