Sunday 13 September 2009

A Visit to Cley next the Sea.

Last Wednesday and last Friday I went to the reserve at Cley in Norfolk to see if I could get some decent shots of whatever was around.

On the Wednesday I met up with Pete Walkden in the Bishop's hide where we found it a bit dull and quite breezey and worse of all the birds were quite a distance away.This was the same when I went there on my own on the following Friday.

Did manage to see 3 Spotted Redshanks,2 Little Stints,3 Curlew Sandpipers amongst the more common birds.Best of all I got good views (through someone's scope) of a Pectoral Sandpiper and also was treated to a flyover by 6 Spoonbills.

Nothing much of note was about along the East bank or on the shingle banks on the beach except a lone Little Egret, 2 Scaup,a few Meadow Pipits and a couple of Wheatears.

Along the East Bank on Friday morning loads of Bearded Tits were flitting about but the rotten swine would not stop still long enough for a decent shot so I ended up with loads of shots of the reeds.










<















1 comment:

Pete Walkden said...

You managed to get an adult beardy though! Something I'm still trying for.

Was a good laugh the time spent over there. Cheers for the pint too.