Monday 24 May 2010

Local Birding Burk strikes again.

The burk is of course me and I struck again this lunchtime.Here is the sad story :-

When I failed to see one at Cannock Chase a birder told me a place where Spotted Flycatchers could be seen every year.Oh yeah I thought but this lunchtime not wishing to go far I decided to give it a go and drove the few miles to this unlikely spot.I parked up and within 10 seconds of getting out of the car I saw a Spotted Flycatcher 15 metres away on a nearby wall.

Wow!!!!! Raised the camera and switched it on and got precisely nothing.Switched it on and off again and got nothing.It was dead.Right I'll take the battery out always a good move.The trouble was there was no battery.It was at home being recharged.What a burk!!!!!!!!

I changed into boy racer mode ( a mode I'd not used for many years) and went home for the battery.It took me half and hour there and back so not much damage done or so I thought because after an hour I couldn't find my little friend anywhere.

So a tale of tragedy? No luckily for me because patience paid and the Spotted Flycatcher showed briefly a couple of times and I managed some shots.Another lesson learnt but how many lessons are there?










2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Well done Max. Glad you got yourself sorted out. I have not managed to get them in front of a camera yet.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.E-mail me if you want to know the place I got them it's in our area.