Friday 3 December 2010

Chasing local Waxwings again.

Having seen earlier in the week a friend's (Steve Seal) excellent shots of Waxwings on his blog I decided to have another go this morning at chasing down the two that have been seen locally recently.

It was bitterly cold but sunny as I set out on the short drive to the area that they are seen in.For any locals reading this the area which I search is the group of roads between Mill Lane,Chadworth Avenue and the rail track in Dorridge but I bet they range further than this area.I've only ever seen two together and there are loads of berry trees to search so you have to be lucky.

In my search to find a Waxwing I did see another of my favourite winter visitors a Fieldfare.






As I waited patiently I was lucky to find a entirely new bird species for the UK a White-faced Blackbird when it landed in the tree I was watching.Wouldn't it be good if that was true!!!! It was a partly albino Blackbird but very nice to see.




I did see a lone Waxwing on one of the trees on three occasions but each time it stayed for only about 30 seconds each time so I had to rattle off as many shots as possible.



3 comments:

Steve Seal said...

Good things come to those who wait !! Nice one mate

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Steve.I have put in a few hours waiting for one to turn up.

Kevin Groocock said...

Very nice images, Max - well done.